Monday, December 22, 2008

Life Is Not Fair But God Is?

I was under the teaching and understanding that a life of faith will protect us from the schemes of satan and the curse of the earth found in Genesis 3:17. However, most of us have suffered various things in life and I read in Revelation 22:3 that the curse will not be removed onto the New Jerusalem. That makes much more sense and helps me to understand life on earth in this physical flesh and the devils power and plan. It is a huge mystery and God does bless and protect us but there is a general curse on all of humankind and no one escapes that truth. Our only hope is found in Jesus Christ and that is also difficult but in the end, He conquers and overcomes the curse. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What is Sin? It is a form of rebellion against God's rules for life that are recorded in the Bible and also in our hearts and conscience. How many times have I chose wrong when I knew it was wrong? I knew my attitude was wrong, but I chose bitterness and selfishness. I knew certain pleasures were forbidden, but I did it anyway. My transgressions separate me from God and God places me in the "hot seat" to correct my wrong behavior. Our faith in God and his pruposes for our life develope a new character. It is a divine character transplant from our sinful flesh and replace our human weakness with divine intervention.

    God allows certain struggles and setbacks in love to develop our character to His character. We obtain the opportunity to learn the shortcomings in our own personality. Sin develops guilt which literally means to bend, to twist, to distort, to warp, to prevert or to ruin. Doesn't sin do all these things?

    If we can recognize our own sinfulness and shortcomings, a new humility is birthed from this adversity. It will teach us not to get all worked up over others shortcomings, but see our own. We have enough to address in our own failures and weaknesses, then taking on others problems which is not our domain. It is God's job to correct, punish and teach others their sinfulness.

    ReplyDelete