Monday, January 5, 2009

Human Deviance and Crime Connected to Evil?

After extensive research, study and introspection I have found that human deviance and criminal acts have the same origin. They are found in the human heart and we will never understand human behavior without recognizing that evil resides in each of us. Billy Graham once stated that we are all capable of committing terrible deeds.

Recently, a engineer with no previous criminal history dressed as Santa and shot and burned nine people in his extended family. He was going through a divorce but everyone indicated that they noted nothing unusual from him and he acted quite normal up to the time he savagely and murderously attacked other family and friends. This type of behavior is not unique, as we read almost everyday that someone has committed some type of grave social or violent act.

I recall Andy Rooney from CBS "60 Minutes" say, "if we want a better America, we need better Americans." The only way to obtain better people in this world is to recognize and accept that there is evil that preys on this world. I know in my own negative actions that perhaps I was not evil but my actions were a form of evil. I have discovered that my protection from the evil or bad that lives in me is by a daily relationship with the teachings of Jesus Christ and God's Holy Spirit. We may still fail at times but we will have a better chance of living a life free of bad choices and regrettable mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment